Data interruption

Hello,
I’m coming to you because since April 1st our raspberry RA97C has stopped recording data. It is also no longer visible on https://stationview.raspberryshake.org/.

Having retrieved the logs locally from the router, I noticed the following problem in odf_SL_plugin.err:
2024 122 04:09:57>> odf_SL_plugin: Program Starting…
2024 122 04:09:57>> Unable to process configuration file ‘/opt/settings/user/UDP-data-streams.conf’, format is invalid, cannot register UDP destinations.
2024 122 04:10:38>> create_socket(): Error in getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
2024 122 04:10:38>> Likely cause is no DNS server found.

It seems that the problem is with the DNS server, or that the network connection is failing???

However, looking also at the rsh-data-consumer.log file, I notice this line: 2024-05-01 04:05:31 S.T. [ERROR] libmseedmm:
2024-05-01 04:06:34 S.T. [ERROR] libmseedmm: mst_addmsr(): Cannot allocate memory

From what I understand of these logs, they would indicate potential network communication problems, as well as memory management problems on the Raspberry.

I’m sharing the Raspberry log in question :

RSH.RA97C.2024-06-05T06_29_02.logs.tar (2.7 MB)

Thanks
Evanna

2 Likes

Hello Evanna, and a warm welcome to our community!

Thank you for providing the logs from the Shake and a detailed feedback on what has been going on since the instrument stopped transmitting data.

Could I please ask you to:

1. shut down both Shake and your modem/router
  2. disconnect the Shake’s power and LAN cables
  3. start the modem/router again and wait for it to regain internet connection
  4. reconnect the Shake’s power and LAN cables (try the LAN cable to a different port on the modem/router)
  5. turn the Shake on again
  6. wait for two/three hours, download the new logs and send them here?

I would like to have freshly started Shake logs to compare with the logs you’ve just sent me.

Thank you!