Changing modules in RSUDP

Hi! Im trying to change modules, as well as creating my own. But the changes i make to the modules, as well as MyModule, dont take effect when i run the client. Has anyone encountered this problem, or knows what im overlooking?

If i want to edit a module do i have to edit the modules in ‘rsudp/rsudp’ path, or the ‘rsudp/build/lib/rsudp’ path?

Hello Matiro,

This is the path of the RSUDP modules in my Anaconda Python environment on Win11:
C:\Users\<username>\anaconda3\envs\rsudp\Lib\site-packages\rsudp

If your installation is in Linux, the modules should be in a different location. It should be where you have extracted the .tar file with the code inside, I think.

It is better to make a backup before modifying any of those modules so that you can quickly go back if something is not correct in your code development.

I would also advise you to also consider an alternative to achieve what you want. Another option would be NodeRED (we have a starting guide here: Programming: Node-Red ShakeMeter – edu.raspberryshake) which is capable of reading data from our Shakes and then performing certain actions. You can find more on their website, here: https://nodered.org/

1 Like

Thank you very much! I got the custom module working and the relay works! For now ill leave it working with the custom module, but will start to look into Node-Red as it looks like it could be a better way to work with the GPIO pins.

2 Likes

Great work Matiro, congratulations! Happy to help!

Yes, maybe the NodeRED approach will suit you best, and there is definitely more info available online, with many different projects I think.