Cant connect to RS server

Hi,

I’m having a problem with server connection; May I request your usual assistance. I’ll attach the logs here. Thank you

RSH.R7B71.2024-07-09T05_27_28.logs.tar (4.4 MB)
RSH.R050E.2024-07-09T05_19_34.logs.tar (4.2 MB)
RSH.RE7F4.2024-07-09T04_09_40.logs.tar (4.4 MB)

Hello waw0102,

Thank you for the logs you’ve provided.

All Shakes do not manage to find a good NTP server, and thus, they will not connect to the network as their time is not synchronized. You can check if port 123 is open in UDP on your router, and if not, open it. This should allow NTP to connect on your next Shake reboot.

Since you are operating on the router, also check if ports 55555 and 55556 are open in TCP, as they are required to send data from your Shakes to us.

Also, these lines show another potential issue:

2024 175 23:22:38>>	{'MA': 'RS4D-7-4.10','DF': '1.0','CN': 'EN1','TS': 0,'TSM': 0,'TQ': 45,'SI': 
2024 175 23:22:38>> 5XÁRa?ao ÙÎgQEBe??Sº
2024 175 23:22:38>>	Y?âXS?ÁË1EEI ÉÏWUBe??g?

As you can see, errors are mixed with some ‘gibberish’ that cannot be successfully interpreted (that could be causing the issues you are seeing). My first thought would be to check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If similar errors continue to happen to happen, and if you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly works for longer periods.

A second check that you can do is to see if all the connections between the sensor, the blue Shake board, and the Pi board are still solid and free from dirt or any other element that could compromise transmission. As usual, if you decide to disassemble the Shake when doing this, please make sure you are using proper ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) protection (such as gloves, etc.), as electronics do not like static electricity too much.

As a last resort, and if all these checks come out as positive, then I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Thank you for your collaboration.

Thanks you very much for your detailed response. is it inbound or outbound firewall rules? I am using windows 11 OS

You’re more than welcome.

The router admin panel should have options such as TCP or UDP listed so that you can choose between them. Are the Shakes directly connected to the router?

If you can, could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing (you can send it to me via private message if you want to keep it secure) so that I can help you better?

Thank you.

Hi,

i already enabled the ports that you’ve mentioned both in Router and Monitoring PC. But still my devices can’t connect to the server. Here is the updated logs. Hope you can help me with this problem. Thank you!
RSH.R7B71.2024-07-12T07_23_30.logs.tar (4.5 MB)
RSH.R050E.2024-07-12T09_15_32.logs.tar (4.2 MB)
RSH.RE7F4.2024-07-12T07_14_40.logs.tar (4.5 MB)

Hello again wav, and thank you for the new set of logs.

Without a screenshot of your router control panel, or a more detailed description, I’m afraid I cannot offer much more help. The ports may be open, but the Shakes still cannot communicate through them. Let’s try this and analyze the situation Shake by Shake. They present the following errors:

• (All) No NTP connection 2024 193 23:42:01: NTP failed to start, and we have an interent connection, trying to restart it... Job for ntpdate.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
  • (R7B71 and R050E only) Trying to reach for an address that doesn’t exist DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 13 send_packet: No such device or address
  • (All) No communication through ports 55555 and 55556 /usr/local/bin/myShake: line 396: NO: command not found Port 55555 : /usr/local/bin/myShake: line 396: NO: command not found Port 55556 :
  • (All) Lots of “gibberish”/errors 2024 176 00:20:59>> y???E?JÿQ 2024 176 00:20:59>> ???IPJ]?E?E?AQ?ÙÊâ?ÔU?Y??V?ÁË1?FUI0ÉϪWURe??e+ 2024 176 00:20:59>> Y?âe?ÁÊ1?DI Éþ?Uá?U?Y?,$ÁË1 & 2024 193 16:06:02>> JSON Packet error: ']' expected near '[' 2024 193 16:06:02>> Cannot process record, throwing it away. 2024 193 16:06:02>> {'MA': 'RS4D-8-4.11','DF': '1.0','CN': 'EN2','TS': 0,'TSM': 0,'TQ': 45,'SI': 5000,'DS':

Could you explain how your local network setup is configured? What is this 255.255.255.255 address that some of them are trying to reach and do not find?

In general, as all are displaying “gibberish” and errors, I would advise you to proceed through the steps of our usual troubleshooting path, which you can find below.

Check and see if the current power supply you are using is continuing to deliver a stable voltage between 5.0 and 5.2V and a current of at least 2.5A at all times, as a decrease in power could lead to data services interruption. If the data interruptions continue to happen, and if you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now properly works for longer periods.

A second check that you can do is to see if all the connections between the sensor, the blue Shake board, and the Pi board are still solid and free from dirt or any other element that could compromise transmission. As you have recently reassembled the instrument with a new Pi board, you should find this process quick and easy (but guidance is always available, if required). And, as usual, if you decide to disassemble the Shake when doing this, please make sure you are using proper ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) protection (such as gloves, etc.), as electronics do not like static electricity too much.

As a last resort, and if all these checks come out as positive, then I would recommend re-burning the microSD card again (or using a different microSD) after formatting and erasing all its data/partitions first (you can use DISKPART for this as it is very efficient), and see how the Shake behaves with the newly installed system, removing potential issues derived from corrupted files. I will leave the burning instructions link here for your convenience: microSD card topics

Thank you for your collaboration.