Auto login

Hello,

I’m looking to have my MyShake auto login when turned on so you do not need to put in your username and password for it to start working. Its going into a location which will be unmanned and having it look after itself incase power goes off would be really useful.

Many Thanks,
Craig

Welcome to the forum.

Auto login occurs by default. You don’t need to do anything.
I also have an RS at a remote location where power cuts are common. RC144
If you’re lucky, the power cut will not damage the SD card, but there’s a risk it will get fried.
I don’t think there’s anything you can do about this.

Thanks for your responce. The version I have does not. I have received it from someone else but assumed it did this by default. I’ll try and return it back to its default state then if you are sure that you do not need to put in a login and password to start it.

I’m not sure what you mean here.
When I supply power to the unit, it powers up.
Then, if I try to access using SSH, I need userid/password.
But if I access rs.local from a browser I do not.

hi there,

i’m a bit confused by what it is you are trying to achieve: it seems you are essentially saying you want it to automatically start working on power-up, except that’s exactly what it does.

there is no need to log in to the Pi itself to make it actually do anything. in fact, unless there is something actually going wrong, there’s no need to log in to the machine at all.

as tideman points out, traversing to http://rs.local will give you access to all the configuration parameters you need.

what exactly is the experience you are having that you conclude it’s not starting?

richard