Another double event pair

These types of events occur about one or twice a day and have no obvious source… suggestions encouraged.

2 Likes

If they are so regular (and always in double pairs) I would exclude possible meteor signals (unless there is an echo produced by something that always goes with the main pulse).

Have you noticed if they are somewhat regular, time-frame speaking? That is, if they occur at the same time every day, or every two-three days, only on the weekends… or if they happen with a fixed period between the pulses and similar categorizations.

2 Likes

Agreed, these are not meteor events. I haven’t determined any preferred timing, yet. I will keep looking. They appear about 5-15 seconds in separation, almost identical in amplitude, and have time reversed pressure amplitudes. I live in a suburban neighborhood, with no trains or major highways nearby. I was thinking large semi trucks, coming and going, but there are none close by. Then again, I might be under guessing propagation attenuation. Please feel free to checkout R2C1C for your own interpretation. This is why we do this investigation! We never know what we will learn.

1 Like

G’Day David,

I don’t think it’s a truck - at least not driving anyway. I get 40 to 60 log trucks (B doubles) passing my place per day which look like this:

Al.

1 Like

There is always the possibility of RF interference from any nearby source (in the house, or outdoor if sufficiently powerful).

I remember one user from a couple of years ago that had similar spikes every time his UPS turned on, and another that had to build a Faraday cage to avoid is radio ham operations interfering with the Shake signal. It will be interesting to discover what could be causing those!

1 Like