4d Shake and a Boom - won’t boot

My shake 4D and my Boom (two devices) have been in storage for a couple of years. The both have sold Blue and sold Red leds and both are showing no network activity and are unreachable. Nor are they requesting IPs via DHCP.

I only have a Mac OS machine, and when I mount the SD cards I only see a volume called boot. I assume there is another partition that OSX can see.

Thoughts?

With no access to windows, only with access to OSX, how do I image new micro SDs if needed.

1 Like

Hello sbuchan, and welcome to our community!

As only blue and red LEDs turn on when the Shake boots, I think it may be time to re-burn the microSD cards of both Shakes, just to be sure.

You can find what you require here: microSD card topics

However, the microSD formatting process (as you are using OSX) will differ since you don’t have access to the suggested DISKPART tool. I advise using either:

1. diskutil from the command line (Disk Management From the Command-Line, Part 1 - The Instructional)
  2. the free software GParted, which you can download from here: https://gparted.org/

You can still follow the steps in the guide, but if you require any other assistance, just let me know.

EDIT: if you haven’t already, you could also try to use Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility to (de)partition the cards, but I am not 100% sure it will work.

Thank you. With new Micro SD cards, I was able to download and flash a new image and both the shae device and the boom device booted … I have a different issue with trying to get network settings to stick … but will open a new thread with logs on that.

Again, thanks for the support.

2 Likes

There’s no problem at all sbuchan, you’re more than welcome. Happy to hear that!

Absolutely, if you need anything else, just open a new thread and I’ll be there to help.