2 RS1D Connected to the Net but not to your system

hi mario,

sorry, but it’s entirely possible i’ve lost the plot. be assured, it is not my intent to try to deflect or confuse, but the restrictions on my time are real, and sometimes the best i can do is provide an explanation based on my best deductive reasoning; and there will be no guarantee any of my conclusions are actually correct.

if i understand correctly now, there are currently no problems with the data capture, either to the local disk or to the server?

if so, then it may have to remain a mystery as to the complete dynamics of what caused the problem in the first place. i think we can conclude that the banning of the IP indeed had an overall detrimental effect. if un-banning the IP’s caused the problems to go away, then there is no longer a problem to solve. again, without setting up a thorough test of what happens in all combinations of settings, both client- and server-side, i’m unable to do more than guess based on the information that’s available (log files plus your observations).

if this is something that must be understood, in absolute terms, please have a look at purchasing technical support so that resources can be assigned to looking into this at a deeper level. as well, i would also encourage you to investigate why the network connection was faulty in the first place, generating the socket read errors on the server, which then caused the IP’s to be banned.

cheers,

richard

hi again,

looking at the server logs just now, the station R4D07 is again exhibiting the ‘socket read’ problem; its IP is banned from communicating with the server until the problem resolves.

not sure how long this problem persists, but while it does would be a good time to get a better understanding of what is happening with the network client-side, to see if anything can be done to prevent it.

cheers,

richard

Thank you very much Richard for your time and help. I wrote to the person in charge of the Network in this scool, to try to know what happened, but, as you, I think it will remain a Mistery. Could you please unban it again from your server?

If I get the Logs I will send them again.

Have a nive weekend!
Regards
Mario

hi mario,

the IP has been un-banned, unit has connected and seems to be functioning normally again. and since this seems to be a recurring problem, we really need to figure out why this network issue is occurring and solve it since this really is detrimental to the server’s operations.

thanks, buen fin de semana…

richard

Thank you very much, I will try to obtain as much as information as possible!
Have a good weekend!
Mario

Only for info…

Original versus Server Data. You were righ, there is a problem with the net! Let’s see if I can have a feedback from the highschool…