Sonifying data from stand-alone mode

Hello everyone,

I have a double question regarding transforming the data from stand-alone mode to sound files. I would like to sonify the data from the RBOOM recorded in a location with no internet.

The first question is if anybody can point me out to some guide on how to transform the data from the RBOOM to a sound file.

The second question is regarding the location of the mseed data in the SD card. I have the gps antenna and I was able to change the internal clock but I couldn’t locate the data in the sd-card. I used Filezilla to read the folder structure of the sd card.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello Mig19,

To sonify the output of a RBOOM, if this unit was connected to the network you could have used our RShake Sound App (https://sound.raspberryshake.org/), but since it is a stand-alone recording, the details on how the app converts the raw data to sound can be found at this section in our manual: Mobile and Web Apps — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake

The raw data are located in the /opt/data/archive folder, and you can find a guide on how to reach it with FileZilla here: How to download your data — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake

After connecting, you may need to double click on the top folder of the structure (the one listed with ..) a couple of times before you can see the entire list of folders in the microSD card.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will check those links.
-M

2 Likes