Shake 1D stops working

My new shake works fine up until a certain amount of time passes from boot, anywhere from a few mins to 2 hours, then it stops. I can’t connect to it via rs.local or its ip address, even my router doesn’t detect it anymore. It only starts working again upon rebooting and my router well see it as well, but the issue persists and its an endless loop of working and not working.

RSH.R4E55.2023-05-26T12_40_32.logs.tar (359.5 KB)

If you can log onto your pi, type the following:

dmesg | grep -iC 3 “under-voltage detected”

and see if you get any result.

This checks the power supply quality.

Normally this command should just produce a blank line.

1 Like

hi, may I specifically ask where to type it?

Hello metzeler, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for posting the logs from your Shake. From them, it appears that the booting process is smooth and nominal as you say, but then there are some lines which show potential issues that could be the cause of what you are describing.

My first thought, like kpjamro, was to suggest you to check if your power supply was constantly providing what is required (between 5.0V and 5.2V, and at least 2.5A) for the Shake to operate. If you have another Pi power supply that you know is in working condition, please try to exchange the current one with that, and see if the Shake now works for longer.

To check if there are undervoltage issues, you need to SSH into the Shake (instructions on how to do so are here: How to access your Raspberry Shake’s computer via ssh — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake) and, when in, execute the command kpjamro provided, which I’ll rewrite below for your convenience:

dmesg | grep -iC 3 “under-voltage detected”

To crosscheck it, you can also execute this:

sudo zgrep -a -i voltage /var/log/syslog*

and look for any “Under-voltage” lines that may appear. If nothing appears for both commands, then the issue is not on the power-supply side, and we will have to look in other directions.

Thank you for your collaboration.

1 Like