RS is getting HOT since a few days?

Since a few days my RS is getting HOT +/- 80 degree C, i now it should not be a big problem, yet i try to figure out why ?
I did see it has problems transferring data to the RS community, Gate errors and changed websites from Gempa/RS hopefull someone have a solution, so my RS gets back to the original say 65 Degree C.
Thnx in advance,

Hans Rolvers
Indonesia
RSH.R30D5.2019-06-06T21_51_11.logs.tar (2.4 MB)

Hi Hans,

We are looking into this, but it appears to me that you have a fairly constant connection from 192.168.1.105, which means that OWS (OSOP Wave Server) is pretty consistently using an entire CPU core (see mem-usage.out and ows.log). It’s hard to tell if there are duplicate connections from that device, but if there are, it would compound the computing power needed to serve all of the data requests. It may help to restart 192.168.1.105 to close any connections that are lingering in a background process.

Ian

Hi Ian, Thnx for looking into it,

Its since a few days, no clue why, have gate errors, and the Velocity at Gempa/RS website stacks up till way high lvl, afther refresh webpage its normal.
Its seems RS is not refreshing, same for SWARM, it stacks up and i gues by that it gets hotter and hotter.
I did a fresh software install, did not solve the problem, so beats me.
Will keep and eye on whats going on.

Thnx again for reply,

Greetings from Yogyakarta
Hans
RaspberryShake Live near Volcano Merapi (Youtube)

Hi Hans,

We (Richard and I) think it’s probably SWARM that’s causing the Shake to heat up. It looks to me like there may be multiple SWARM connections all competing for the Shake’s attention. If you want to test this theory, you can turn SWARM off for a few hours and see if the CPU cools down a bit.

Ian

Oke will try Ian, i had a Beta version from Github,. Perhaps some hidden stuff was in it.

Oke will see what happens,

Thnx for advice and greetings to Richard and Mike,

Hans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyodEPP2h0

RS-error

Still bussy on the heating prob, yet still have this Error message.

Thnx for solving @server side,

Greetings,
Hans

Hi Hans,

I think Montana came up with a solution to this problem this morning, can you check to see if it still happens for you?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Well I did a fresh install software, and since the Gate error is solved all went back to normal.

69 70 degree C with SWARM full on job, so seems problem solved.

I did a check on the possible “ second” user, there was no one using the RS to, so all safe on that side.

Thnx for Support,

Happy weekend,

Greetings,

Hans

1 Like

Good to hear, Hans. Cheers

Sofar all Oke Ian, the RS temperatures are great, CPU happy, yet brings me to another question plz,

On my stationview it always gives a warzone wave, even when the Accel, Velocity, Displmt are low, how come ?

My neighbour has a nice Wave line, so its readable, yet his seismic readings are constant way higher.

If you have any idear how to solve, plz let me now,

Greetings from Yogyakarta,

Hans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DrS2_76yLk

Hi Hans, this is typically because the scale adjusts depending on the max and min values of the data stream. Your neighbor’s shake (RD56D) has higher spikes (maybe from cars passing?), whereas yours is in a quieter location. The result is that your stream fills the entire data window, whereas your neighbor’s adjusts to accomodate the spike. The displacement value (Displmt.) is a better indicator of how quiet the station is. Yours is at the minimum 0.1 micrometers (μm) and your neighbor’s is 0.8 μm.

Lol Ian,

Thnx for repley, si my neighbour has a " displacement" RS and is still green at our screen of Volcano Merapi.

nvm, i have to learn more about this seismo thingies.

Regards and cheers from Yogyakarta.

Hans

1 Like

No problem Hans, I’m happy to answer any questions!