Relocation Instructions

What are the instructions for moving your RS to a new location?
Do you need to start from scratch?

Hello rmurawsk, and welcome to our community!

It’s easy to move your Shake between various locations. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Please access your rs.local/ page, go to Settings (the gear icon high on the left), and then uncheck the Data tab. Click Save and Restart once you’re done.
  2. Once the Shake restarts, you can now safely shut it down via rs.local/ – Actions (the hammer icon high on the left) – Actions tab, Shutdown.

You can now move the Shake to the new location. Once there, reconnect it to power supply and LAN, and then set the new information in the configuration page:

1. Go to rs.local/ page, go to Settings, update all information (name, email, geographical location… whatever’s needed), then click on Save and Restart.
  2. Once the Shake restarts, go rs.local/ page, go to Settings (the gear icon high on the left), and then re-check the Data tab. Click Save and Restart once you’re done.

That’s it. Your Shake is now set in a new location with the new configuration you desire.

If you need anything else, I remain available.

Thank you very much. Your info is really helpful!

I have a dumb follow up question:

are you assigned a new station number after relocation?

Sorry if this is obvious. I have given out my station number to people and I want them to be aware of
the change if that happens.

Thank You.

Rob

1 Like

Hello Rob,

You’re very welcome, no problem at all.

Regarding your question, don’t worry, it’s not dumb at all. The only case in which a Shake code/number changes is when a new Raspberry Pi (the green board) is installed in place of the one that is currently present. More info on this here: Raspberry Shake Station Naming Convention — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake

As this last one is not your situation, the Shake code/number of your unit will not change after moving it.