Raspi-shake release

Hi - We ran an RPI Shake for several years with no problem. Starting in Aug 2020 we could not connect to the server and display on the station view.
I then upgraded to a RPI B+ and created a new SD card (commercial) grade. No improvement.
Now I can not create a new SD car from Github (raspishake-release Ver .18). that actually works.
I always get a kernel panic sync issue with VFS.
I have use Balena Etcher (no) and extract all from zip file to SD card (no) about 5 times. Using the same SD card Sandisk Extreme 32GB, I wrote a Buster RPI Os using Balena. Instant success.
Windows 10 Pro, same software, same SD card, two different methods. Totally frustrated.
Andrew (AM-RA7D3 used to be)

Hello Andrew,

I went back to read your previous messages on the forum, about your problems with connectivity issues and data upload.

Regarding the burning of a microSD, I tried with a couple that I have here to see if the Raspi-shake release files were somewhat corrupted, but mine seem to work fine, with the Shake booting up properly. So let’s see if we can solve this.

Let’s try the following procedure:
• Please take the microSD card you have and format it before burning the new Shake OS image
• Make sure, when you format it, that the shown capacity is the maximum (i.e. if the SD card is 32GB like yours, then the capacity should be near or equal to that value). This is to check that no partitions have been involuntarily and erroneously created. They could be the cause of the error we see now
• Take care to format the SD card in a FAT32 File System (or exFAT if the SD card is 64GB or larger -not your case)
• Download the new Shake OS image from here: https://gitlab.com/raspberryShake-public/raspShake-SD-img/raw/master/raspishake-release.zip
• And follow the microSD burning instructions from here: https://gitlab.com/raspberryShake-public/raspshake-sd-img/-/blob/master/raspishake-microSD-card-software-Instructions.txt

I followed the numbered list points to burn the files on my SD cards, and I have not used Etcher or similar software.

I’ll wait to see the results, hoping they will solve the issue.