Raspberry Shake dropping out, PoE related?

I have been noticing my shake dropping out sometimes, sometimes badly sometimes not at all:

Could this be because of my PoE splitter? All the specs look correct but is there a way to test it?
Here are the specs of it:

• Input Voltage: 44-57VDC
  • Output Voltage: 5VDC
  • Output Current: 2.4A
  • Ports: 1 x RJ45 Ethernet Plug
    1 x RJ45 Ethernet Socket
    1 x Micro USB Plug
  • PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af

Edit: Ever since I started using the splitter the device name in my wifi panel has been Device Name: Unknown-b8:27:eb:72:d3:71, can’t access rs.local, I have to use the device’s IP to do so. So that might be why

1 Like

I am now not using the PoE splitter and I still have the same issue of not being able to connect to rs.local and the device name is still unknown… any ideas on what to do?

Hello Matt,

The PoE splitter could have been the source of the power supply-related issues, and you could check, if you have another, if that piece of equipment was at the root of the problem.

Regarding what appears on your router, it seems that now the Shake is identified by its MAC address instead of its IP as it was before; not sure why as it may depend on the router itself.
If you haven’t tried yet, please shut down both Shake and router, disconnect the LAN cable between the Shake and the router, turn on the router again and wait for it to regain internet connection, finally connect the LAN cable to the Shake and turn on the Shake.

Possibly, this will refresh the router ID process, and the Shake will appear again as normal.