Problems with moving shake location, downloading swarm

I get the “404 not found” error when trying to access station view, or download swarm, or go to earthquake view, from the rs.local:5000 interface. I also received an email saying that my shake has been offline when to me it looks like it is online. I can see the helicorder displays as normal. I did just reboot it per suggestions.

Finally, I cannot seem to change the station location. I moved it several miles, and when I try to change it via the interface i get the message “unsupported location, enter elevation manually,” which I do. Then when try to restart, after entering the password, it just goes into “attempting restart” and stays stuck in that.

here is the log fileRSH.R417B.2021-01-18T00 39 41.logs.tar (3.0 MB)

Hello EB1,

Let’s start with the link issue. Thank you for reporting this, it is a known bug and I have notified our software team of the issue.

For now, you can use these direct links.

Going onto the Shake issues instead, thank you for attaching the logs. From them, it doesn’t appear that there is something wrong with the connection, at least at the time of the last boot.

I can also see it streaming live on SWARM and the ShakeApp, so whatever caused the disconnection from our servers has solved itself, it seems.

From the other issues, it seems that there has been some kind of corruption, especially with the strange errors that you are reporting from the interface.

Could you please shut it down, wait ten minutes, turn it on again and save the logs.

Then, try to modify the location again, and even if it doesn’t work and you have to forcefully restart it, save the logs again and then send the two different zip files to me. In this way, I will be able to differentiate between the two, and make a comparison to try to understand what is happening.

Thank you.

Thank you! Yes, the connection appears fine now and so does the streaming. And thank you for the links.

I still cannot change the location. Here are the log files from before and after the attempt.

Also, is there a link to download SWARM since that link is broken too?

Esther

RSH.R417B.2021-01-18T22 11 02.logs.tar (3.06 MB)

RSH.R417B.2021-01-18T21 39 48.logs.tar (3.04 MB)

Thank you! Yes, the connection appears fine now and so does the streaming. And thank you for the links.

I still cannot change the location. Here are the log files from before and after the attempt.

Also, is there a link to download SWARM since that link is broken too?

Esther

RSH.R417B.2021-01-18T22 11 02.logs.tar (3.06 MB)

RSH.R417B.2021-01-18T21 39 48.logs.tar (3.04 MB)

It also seems I can’t actually reboot it from the interface either.

Hello EB1,

Thank you again for the new logs!

Regarding SWARM, you can download it from here: USGS: Volcano Hazards Program

All new releases will also be posted on the same page, so you can bookmark it for easier access.

Onto your Shake, there are no indications that the processes of connection/streaming are corrupted, luckily, those are working as they should.

I can advise you to try and re-burn the microSD card, it should eliminate the corrupted files/processes and give you a fully working OS.

Here’s the procedure for a from-scratch installation:

I followed the numbered list points to burn the files on my SD cards, and I have not used Etcher or similar software.

That worked. Thank you for the help!! It’s great to have it to running properly again.

2 Likes

It is no problem at all EB1, I am here for this!

Also, the links to EQView and StationView in rs.local now work properly as they should, thanks to our software team.