My Shake shutting down for reason unknown

For some unknown reason, my Shake (R974C) shut down for no reason that I am aware of.

I unplugged it and re-plugged it, and after a few minutes it restarted up fine. This is the 2nd time this happened in the past week. Previous to this it has been running fine for months.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Log files attached.

RSH.R974C.2019-11-25T20_56_40.logs.tar (2.7 MB)

hi,

i don’t see why exactly the unit is rebooting, but i do see that right before the reboot, the unit has lost connection to its DNS server for a long period of time. this, in turn, causes various other problems to manifest:

1. NTP cannot contact servers
  2. shake data cannot be sent to the server
  3. (probably more stuff)

if you could send along the system log files too, there might be a hint there why this is happening:

> sudo tar cf /tmp/syslogs.tar /var/log/syslogs*

and if you have any idea why connection to the internet and / or DNS servers is happening, you should consider doing whatever is under your control to remedy this; it’s entirely possible that when you do, this auto-mystery-reboot problem will disappear.

cheers,

richard

Thanks.

This makes me think it could be related to my internet connection, rather than the Shake itself. So, I am going to experiment in that direction, starting with rebooting my router.

2 Likes