Is this noise?

Hi,
I up-graded my Shake to a 4D and since then my live data looks like noise. We juust had a 5.0 quake 50 miles from my location and nothing on my Shake but this constant what looks like noise… Attached is my SWARM file. Could you tell me what happening. On the StationView map my station never changes color like other station near me.
Thanks,
Anthony KD6PPMRSH.R6012.2021-06-06T18_49_14.logs.tar (3.6 MB)

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for reporting this to us and thank you for the logs. From them, it appears that the booting sequence is working properly, but some parts of the logs themselves are incomplete.

Can you please shut down the Shake, disconnect it from the network, wait for around 10 minutes, reconnect it, turn it on again and wait another 10-20 minutes.

After this time has passed, please download the logs from the Shake again and post them here, so that I will have more information to work with.

Thank you.

Having some network problems logging into my SHAKE. Attached is log and some pics of what I’m seeing.
Thanks again
Anthony KD6PPM

RSH.R6012.2021-06-07T11_49_57.logs.tar (3.87 MB)

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for the new logs and for the screenshots. There is definitely something that is not working properly, especially for the EHZ channel.

This “flat” trace could mean that the geophone has not been connected correctly, or there is some issue with its connection to the board. Could you please take some pictures of your Shake, so that I am able to get a visual idea?

Thank you.

Hi,
I found one of the leads for the GEO PHONE loose. I securely connected it and the EHZ channel looks normal now. Question, are the ENN,ENE and ENZ channels normal or is there something going on there?
Anthony

Hello Anthony,

That was what we were thinking, since having a geophone so neutral would have meant possible loose connections. Great to see, also from your online data, that the issue has been solved!

The othre three EN* sensors look fine. Since they are not weak-motion sensors (like the geophone) they will show an earthquake-like trace if the event is relatively close to your station and strong. That’s why the 4D has both a geophone and the accelerometers, so that it is possible to capture both degrees of motion without losing data.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help and all you do for the Shake community.
Anthony

2 Likes

It’s no problem at all, you’re welcome!

Enjoy your new 4D!