EQ Sound App problem

Hi there,

i am trying out the sound app “https://sound.raspberryshake.org/” for the first time. I have made various attempts, trying different stations, events etc., the application seems to be always stuck at “Generating 0/0”.

Could you let me know if this might be a user error or if the server is down?

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hello Mo_2023, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for your notification on the EQSound App. Could you please provide what you have input into it so that I can try to re-create the issue?

I will also add any update from you to the ticket I’ve opened for our server team, so that they can check. Thank you again!

Hi, thanks for you reply.

I have tried many different stations, the last one I randomly picked was:
RD75B
Global Event: Bismarck Sea
I have kept the event dates
and added the duration: 500
at 4 times slower speed.

As with all other stations I have tried, I can see the blue pop-up window, it is saying “Generating 0/0” and is stuck there. I have tried on macOS Monterey: Safari, Chrome and iOS 16, Safari.

I would love to see the results of the sound file generation, as it would help me in my decision to buy a Raspberry shake.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello Mo,

This is perfect, exactly what we needed! I’ve passed everything to our team, and I’m sure they’ll be able to work out what is not working as expected.

1 Like

Same issue for me, except I tried it on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my PC (Windows 11)…I also noticed that in the drop-down box, it shows each channel like 10-18 times…at least for my shake (R2683).

1 Like

Hi! If you want to see the results of a sound file generation, here is one I did a while back for an earthquake my RS4D recorded. My Shake was located in Cold Bay, Alaska at the time, and the earthquake was a M3.1…the epicenter was approximately 69 miles (111 km) to the SE. It occurred on November 15, 2019 at 8:57 pm AKST. I know it’s not the same as getting to do one, but until the issue is fixed, at least it gives you an idea of what to expect!

3 Likes

Hello brunota, and welcome to our community!

Thank you for the additional feedback, it was very informative, and I’ve passed it to our team so they have more information to work with.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Brunota,

thanks so much for this example! This helps me a lot to understand what is going on with the sound file generation.

Still, it seems like the web app is down, I hope it can be fixed soon…

2 Likes

Just a moment, now it seems to work again… :slightly_smiling_face:
Trying now…

1 Like

Hello Mo_2023,

Yes, the app is back up and running. We still have the small issue that brunota (multiple extra channels for some Shakes) has highligthed but we are working on it!

I will update you as soon as I have news from the team.

1 Like

Hello Mo_2023, brunota,

The EQSound App is now back at full functionality. We appreciate your patience in this.

1 Like