AM.R4F07.00.EHZ no connection to server

Hi I just received my board RS1d and i connected everything together and working just fine.

I just can not connect to server. This is my station ID: AM.R4F07.00.EHZ.

And yes for testing purposes i have connected new RPI to my router. There is already working another station AM RCF63 with this router but with another IP number . Is maybee there the problem.
Here I send also the logs.
New station is online about 2 hours…
Marco

RSH.R4F07.2021-01-14T19 52 13.logs.tar (420.5 KB)

Hello Marco,

could you please post the logs of the other Shake connected to this same router? In this way, I can make a comparison and see better what’s happening.

Thank you.

HI Here are logs fraom RCF63 which working all OK.

RSH.RCF63.2021-02-03T15 46 41.logs.tar (3.2 MB)

Thank you Marco,

from the logs of the working one (RCF63), with IP address: 10.254.181.154, it appears that the router has managed to assign a proper DNS address, that allows internet communication (10.254.181.153).

For some reason, this is not happening with the new one (R4F07), with IP address: 10.254.181.155, even if it’s connected to the same network, because the assigned DNS address is a strange 192.168.8.1, which is a local address completely different from what your router seems to assign.

Thus, I would manually update the DNS address of the not working Shake with the same one of the working one. Here’s a brief guide:

https://manual.raspberryshake.org/firewallIssues.html#how-to-manually-change-dns , to see if this solves the issue. I’ll add some more info below.

There are two possible ways: setting a manual IP and DNS in the http://rs.local web config, or adding a line to /etc/dhcpcd.conf in the Shake filesystem.

1. The first doesn’t require logging into the Shake. Navigate to rs.local, make note of the Shake’s IP address, then click on the Settings gear icon (high on the left) to access the configuration menu.Click on NETWORK, then under ETHERNET SETTINGS, click on “Enable static IP”.Fill out the Static IP field with the address you copied from the front page.Fill out the DNS server field with a more reliable DNS service or the one of your choice.

This could solve your issue, bypassing the modem/router settings and going straight to the internet.

The second way, a bit more complex, in which you can keep your Shake on a dynamic IP (assigned by your modem/router):

1. SSH into the Shake (guide here: How to access your Raspberry Shake’s computer via ssh — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake)Once you’re in, copy and paste these commands (this example is for Cloudflare DNS):
sudo echo 'static domain_name_servers=1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1' >> /etc/dhcpcd.conf
sudo service dhcpcd restart

Now make sure those changes took hold:

nano /etc/resolv.conf

The file should look like the following:

# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1

You should not need to restart, these changes will take effect immediately, but if you want, you can still do it.

Hi I still have problem with my rpi. Like you wrote in first step for no reason I can not establish fixed ip address.
I am try with ssh, run putty make command:

$ ssh myshake@10.254.181.155 and put enter
i put password and putty answer: acces denied.

Any idea what next? please..

Marco

Marco Vidovic - S52SK
Slatina 77/a
2282 Cirkulane
SLOVENIA
http://www.s52sk.com
46 22 N - 15 58 E
GSM:031735736

Dne sreda, 3. februar 2021 20:53:54 GMT+1 je uporabnik Giuseppe Petricca via Raspberry Shake no-replies@raspberryshake.org napisal:

Stormchaser Technical Support
February 3
  1. The first doesn’t require logging into the Shake. Navigate to rs.local, make note of the Shake’s IP address, then click on the Settings gear icon (high on the left) to access the configuration menu.Click on NETWORK, then under ETHERNET SETTINGS, click on “Enable static IP”.Fill out the Static IP field with the address you copied from the front page.Fill out the DNS server field with a more reliable DNS service or the one of your choice.
  2. SSH into the Shake (guide here: How to access your Raspberry Shake’s computer via ssh — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake)Once you’re in, copy and paste these commands (this example is for Cloudflare DNS):

nano /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1

Sorry i just came in and put thos command.
At the end i get message:

nameserver 10.254.181.153

Is this OK now?

Marco Vidovic - S52SK
Slatina 77/a
2282 Cirkulane
SLOVENIA
http://www.s52sk.com
46 22 N - 15 58 E
GSM:031735736

Dne sreda, 3. februar 2021 20:53:54 GMT+1 je uporabnik Giuseppe Petricca via Raspberry Shake no-replies@raspberryshake.org napisal:

Stormchaser Technical Support
February 3
  2. SSH into the Shake (guide here: How to access your Raspberry Shake’s computer via ssh — Instructions on Setting Up Your Raspberry Shake)Once you’re in, copy and paste these commands (this example is for Cloudflare DNS):

nano /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1

Should I use the same numbers like you wrote ```
sudo echo ‘static domain_name_servers=1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1’ >> /etc/dhcpcd.conf

Or should i wrote my ip and dns
 sudo echo 'static domain_name_servers=10.254.181.155 10.254.181.153' >> /etc/dhcpcd.conf

Marco

Here i send my logs, to check please…

Marco

RSH.R4F07.2021-02-04T20 44 06.logs.tar (1.8 MB)

Hello Marco,

There have been some mishaps but we can correct them, don’t worry.

The message where you wrote:

Sorry i just came in and put thos command.
At the end i get message:

nameserver 10.254.181.153

Is this OK now?

Marco Vidovic - S52SK

was the correct setup, as far as I can understand from the logs of the other Shake which is correctly working on the network.

The last change you made (thank you for the new logs) instead wrote both text and DSN addresses to that namefield, as can be seen in the myshake.out file:

Nameservers : 10.254.181.155, 10.254.181.153static, domain_name_servers=1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1static, 1.0.0.1

What you need to do now is to re-execute the same commands that you did for the message I quoted. In this way, this Shake will have the same DSN address of the other one, and it should be able to connect to the network.

If it doesn’t, please send me the logs again, so that I can check them.

Regarding which numbers you have to put in that field, you can try either 10.254.181.153 or 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1. The first is the one your router assigned the other Shake, while the second ones are a generic server that sometimes works as it should with our products.

Hi, i am done like you wrote, but still no server connection.
Here I send the logs:

Raspberry Pi Model : 3 Model B
System Status : RUNNING
System Version : 0.18
Ethernet Local IPv4 : 10.254.181.155
Ethernet MAC : b8:27:eb:fb:4f:07
Data Producer : ON
Data Consumer : ON
Stand-Alone : OFF
Data Forwarding : ON
Server Connection : Not Connected
Latitude : 46.5328
Longitude : 15.7525
Elevation : 284 m
System Time : 2021-02-05 09:16:44 UTC
Disk Usage : 24% Used – 11210Mb Available
CPU Temp : 47 C / 117 F
Uptime : 0 Days 12 Hours 38 Minutes

Marco

RSH.R4F07.2021-02-05T08 59 27.logs.tar (5.1 MB)

I have also change my router. But the same issue. Here are the logs, from new setup (router)
RSH.R4F07.2021-02-06T01 35 17.logs.tar (2.4 MB)

Hello Marco,

Yes, I can see that even with the new router the situation has not changed. However, the issue is in what you put in the DNS nameservers, as this line shows

Nameservers : 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1static, domain_name_servers=1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1

As I wrote in the last message, this is not the proper syntax for the Shake to understand what DNS servers it will have to use.

Try substituting it with 8.8.8.8, which is the Google DNS. Since 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1 doesn’t seem to have worked before, with your previous try, I don’t think it’s useful to try it again.

Should i use 8.8.8.8 8.8.8.8 or?

You can use simply 8.8.8.8 to try and see if this DNS works.

In any case, after the change, please shut down the Shake, wait for a couple of minutes, then turn it on again. Wait now for around 10 minutes to see if it connects to the server or not, and please download and post the logs again.

SUCCES…Giuseppe, I am changed SD card and flash it. After proces has been done everything is working.
Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards Marco

2 Likes

It’s great to know that Marco!!

It would have been the step I would’ve suggested you do next.

However, glad that everything works fine now! Enjoy!